Some where along the build I forgot to take pictures of me adding more support brackets and painting the wood for the work spaces on the test bench, but we can get over that right?….look at the pics….done…thank you…lol
Lets see I did the HD, now how about the CD Drive….I wanted it to go under the hard drives.
I made some more brackets, like I did for the hard drives, to fit the CD Drive.
..and this is how it ended up looking and no I did not paint over the sticker on the CD it is taped off…
We can go back to the wood I painted as I wanted to keep the wire inside the “case” area and not go out the back. This way I could run all the power cables and crap to the mother easier.
I cut a small area out and passed the mock-up PSU wires through it.
Once again I got lucky and found these huge mouse pads I mean HUGE they were bigger than a keyboard and just what I needed, plus they were only $5 a piece! SCORE! They will be use were the mother boards will sit to help prevent them from shorting out.
I cut a notch in the top one to fit around the cables.
Well here it is about 50% done. If you remember the bracket that went around the MB ports….well I messed that one up….I made it to fit the mock up MB and when I tried a different one it block some of the ports….win some, lose some. So I just made a straight piece that will fit any MB. I also did not like the top. It was a pain in the butt to take off and put some where when you have to work on it. Say goodbye….. out with the old….
…in with the new.
I wanted the new top to fold up and out of the way. This way I do not have to worry about placing the top some where. I bought a 4 foot chrome piano hinge and will cut it to to length for the front and back part of the fold away top.
When ever possible cut where the 2 pieces over lap each other to make the hinge.
I want the top to stay in place when pushed up and out of the way. A trip to the hard ware store and I found what I needed. This hinge is used to lock box lids into place when they are open. Unfortunately they did not have it in chrome or a silver color. This means it will have to be painted.
To continue my quest to make this a case test bench I have to have access to the slots and ports. I took the front piece of Lexan, laid out my measurements, drill some holes in the corners, and clamped down a guide to help make some straight cuts.
hmm…not to bad