In the world of Mini-ITX, *small* size is king! Most people when they think of a smaller sized board, they think that corners had to be cut, features left off, and performance sacrificed in order to make such a paltry dimension. Gigabyte threw its designing prowess behind the petite package and wrapped it around AMD’s A88X chipset supporting the FM2/FM2+ processors. Did they have to leave anything out to “make weight”? Read on and find out!
We would like to thank Gigabyte for providing the review sample for this motherboard.
Additional information can be gleaned here: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4745#na
This board is wicked small! Not the smallest board I’ve ever seen or used, but for the feature set, this is simply an amazing board to look at!!
Pricing on the internet is all over the place, but this board averages between $100-$120, with some deals lower than that, and some places well above that.
(Please refer “CPU Support List” for more information.)
* Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
“Memory support is dependent on memory module compatibility and system OS”.
|Onboard Graphics||APU with integrated AMD Radeon™ HD 8000/7000 series graphics:|
* To use the onboard graphics ports, you must install an AMD APU with integrated graphics.
* Support for 2560×1600 resolution requires both a monitor and cable that support Dual Link DVI.
* The resolution of 4096×2160 can be supported when using an FM2+ APU; the maximum resolution supported is 1920×1200 when using an FM2 APU.
|Wireless Communication module|
* Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment.
(The PCI Express x16 slot conforms to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
* To support PCI Express 3.0, you must install an FM2+ APU.
* Only A series APUs support AMD Dual Graphics.
|Internal I/O Connectors|
|Back Panel Connectors|
* Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the cooler you install.
* If you plan to install Windows 8.1, please download the latest drivers from GIGABYTE’s website.
* To support Windows XP 32-bit, you must install an AMD FM2 Trinity APU.