Featured Worklogs

Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus : by XcaliburFX

« Page 3 | Page 5 »
Ok, with things just not going my way with the special metal work I was getting done, I decided to move on to take a different route. On the front panel I am going to be using 18 gage copper plate. Instead of inlaying it, like I had originally planned, I am going to use it to cover the center section of the front panel.  Here are a few pics of the initial cutting process. 

First I made a template of the center.

 Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus : by XcaliburFX blog 1 
Drew out the cut lines. :)

Now to make the first cut.

 Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus : by XcaliburFX blog 2
So, far so good. It is important here to make sure that you take your time and do not try to rush the cutting.

Now after the first piece is cut I test fit it to the door. 

Advertisement

 Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus : by XcaliburFX blog 3
It is looking pretty good. 

Now, cut the second section out. 

 Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus : by XcaliburFX blog 4
At last, the final cut. 

Now I test fit both pieces.

 Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus : by XcaliburFX blog 5

Note; I skipped the first rung on the louvers and left the bottom edge, I did this for lighting effect. I hope. lol All in all, I think I made the right choice given my options at hand.
 
Next I pre-drilled 6 mounting holes in each copper plate and section of the front panel it was to mount to. I had planned on mounting the copper plate the panels with Copper Colored Alien Head Thumb Screws by SunBeam, however, the studs were just too short. At this point I decided to use 3M epoxy to mount the copper plate. I did, however, go ahead and test fit the heads to see how the would look once mounted with epoxy.

Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus : by XcaliburFX blog 6 

Advertisement

I think this is going to look nice.

We Want To Hear From You!

Back to top button