In the GPU market the players are always moving, updating, and changing their products. This is a must in order to entice buyers to go out and purchase their products. Some of the updates are met with great success while others, not so much. Recently, Nvidia and it’s partners released their updated versions of the GeForce GTX 1080 and GeForce GTX 1060 GPUs. The updated GPUs feature faster memory as well as a slight increase in clock speed. MSI’s update to the 1060 line is the GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X Plus. The GTX 1060 Gaming X plus features 9 Gbps memory transfer speed as well as MSI’s custom PCB and their TwinFrozr VI cooler.
Review Sample Provided by: MSI
Product Name/Link to Website: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X Plus
Product was given in exchange for work done to produce this review.
The artwork on the box features a large image of the GTX 1060 Gaming X Plus and shows off the TwinForzr VI cooler. The back of the box features information on the GPUs features such as the LED lighting, the GPU cooler, MSI’s Gaming APP, and lists the system requirements and the specifications.
Inside, you’ll find the GPU is protected by a foam insert and wrapped in an anti-static bag. The small box at the top contains the installation guide, MSI’s comic book, stickers and warranty information.
- Model NameGeForce® GTX 1060 GAMING X+ 6G
- Graphics Processing UnitNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060
- InterfacePCI Express x16 3.0
- Core NameGP106-410
- Stream Processors1280 Units
- Core Clocks1809 MHz / 1594 MHz (OC Mode)
1784 MHz / 1569 MHz (Gaming Mode)
1708 MHz / 1506 MHz (Silent Mode)
- Memory Clock Speed9126 MHz (OC)
9026 MHz (Gaming/Silent)
- Memory6GB GDDR5
- Memory Type192-bit
- OutputDisplayPort x 3 / HDMI / DL-DVI-D
- HDCP Support2.2
- Power consumption120 W
- Power connectors8-pin x 1
- Recommended PSU400 W
- Card Dimension(mm)277 x 140 x 39 mm
- Weight (Card / Package)1017 g / 1610 g
- Afterburner OCY
- DirectX Version Support12
- OpenGL Version Support4.5
- Maximum Displays4
- VR ReadyY
- G-SYNC™ technologyY
- Adaptive Vertical SyncY